Re: Environmentalists? Really?
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-23-2014 - 20:03

I think I'm more with the Doctor on this one, there are literally thousands of "organizations" that claim to be "environmentalist's", some are legit, some are fronts for corporate sponsors, some are created by law firms representing anyone who will pay them. I know of a law firm that has set up dozens of tax exempts (Have environmental front group/will travel....) complete with sexy names and lot's of cute furry critters.

Some of these so-called "environmental" groups are just political front groups who use our lax bribery and campaign finance laws to launder political money, just like so many of these proliferating phony "non-profits", which allows folks to take a "tax break" for purportedly supporting "cultural" or "educational" purposes.

Some of these supposed environmental organizations are just good old fashioned "schill's" leading their "environmentalist" flock to a fleecing, selling them out, or just lining the pockets of those who operate them.

If you've worked around these groups, after a while you begin to be able to tell these phony's and wannabee's (often well meaning but ignorant fools) from groups that are serious, use serious science, and actually are trying to save the planet from our equally real greed, stupidity, and hubris.

I've had good relationships with some groups, and consider some others to be so corrupt, or dubious that you don't want to share a cab to the airport with them, because they'd burn you for the fare, too.

Many of these environmental issues are, however, quite real, with real effects on people or our planet, like RR men I've known with crippling emphysema, and rivers full of dead fish. So I like to learn what's real and what's not, and I always keep track of who's paying the bills with these organizations, and why? Following the money is often the surest way to find out who's who, and why.

Caveat emptor......

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Environmental concerns over oil-by-rail project could impact California gas prices Hee Haw! 07-23-2014 - 11:02
  Re: Environmental concerns over oil-by-rail project could impact California gas prices Rich Hunn 07-23-2014 - 11:40
  Re: Environmental concerns over oil-by-rail project could impact California gas prices P.Kepler 07-23-2014 - 12:14
  Re: Environmental concerns over oil-by-rail project could impact California gas prices mook 07-23-2014 - 12:53
  Re: Environmental concerns over oil-by-rail project could impact California gas prices Dr Zarkoff 07-23-2014 - 13:09
  Logistics vs. Economics vs. Politicans vs. Environmentalists SP5103 07-23-2014 - 15:19
  Re: Logistics vs. Economics vs. Politicans vs. Environmentalists Rich Hunn 07-23-2014 - 16:27
  Re: Logistics vs. Economics vs. Politicans vs. Environmentalists Dr Zarkoff 07-23-2014 - 18:31
  Re: Logistics vs. Economics vs. Politicans vs. Environmentalists Rich Hunn 07-23-2014 - 18:52
  Re: Environmentalists? Really? BOB2 07-23-2014 - 20:03
  Re: Environmentalists? Really? Dr Zarkoff 07-23-2014 - 20:45
  Re: Environmentalists? Really? mook 07-24-2014 - 20:25
  Re: Environmentalists? Really? Carol L. Voss 07-23-2014 - 23:00
  Re: Environmental concerns over oil-by-rail project could impact California gas prices hmarkwart 07-25-2014 - 14:06
  Re: Environmental concerns over oil-by-rail project could impact California gas prices Coal Slaw 07-25-2014 - 19:25
  Re: Environmental concerns over oil-by-rail project could impact California gas prices Gas Pump 07-23-2014 - 16:52
  Re: Environmental concerns=A lot of copy for a pretty poor story? BOB2 07-23-2014 - 18:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com