Re: NNG: Mount Rainier Railroad - teaser photos
Author: Jim700
Date: 10-23-2014 - 22:24

Great morning photos, Matthew! Though I live a three-hour-drive south, a couple days beforehand I looked up the WeatherBugŪ prediction for Saturday in the Eatonville, WA area which showed just another ho-hum dry, sunny day that we'd been having for most of the summer and early fall. While the continuation of this very uncharacteristic Pacific Northwest weather pattern was enjoyed by many of the locals, I was concerned that it wasn't going to provide much variety during the long day for you photographers. How wrong WeatherBugŪ turned out to be!

The morning fog was really representative of what was encountered on PNW logging railroads "back in the day". It also provided the moisture on the rails which made things a bit slippery as you noticed. Then came the brilliant sunshine and finally a few rain squalls to provide more variety for your photos. I do wish that for your night photos that the railing on the bridge over Roundtop Creek had been on the upstream side so that the 17's wheels and rods would have been more visible.

I really enjoyed running the Hammond 17 for you that day. Your charter certainly provided a lot a variety for our crew and was a welcome variance to the standard Elbe-Mineral turns.

Do come back again!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Chelatchie Prairie Railroad - a teaser photo Matthew 10-23-2014 - 07:12
  Re: Chelatchie Prairie Railroad - a teaser photo Bill Webb 10-23-2014 - 08:51
  Re: NNG: Mount Rainier Railroad - teaser photos Matthew 10-23-2014 - 19:43
  Re: NNG: Mount Rainier Railroad - teaser photos Jim700 10-23-2014 - 22:24
  Re: NNG: Mount Rainier Railroad - teaser photos Eddie 10-28-2014 - 21:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com