Re: Finally Available: "Richmond Shipyard Railway" ...
Author: Key Route Ken
Date: 03-19-2008 - 10:15

fkrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It has the same very amateur narration as others
> from this vendor. Some of his earlier videos have
> been complete with huge factual errors. Beware.

Oh c'mon, Fred--Be nice!! I admit that this particular "vendor" has a drab, monotone voice that most of us hate-- be at least glad that the extremely rare views of the Richmond Shipyard Railway have finally been made Public. I didn't see BAERA/WRM jumping at the chance from their huge cache of films-- so "Where's the beef" ??
But don't get me wrong, YOU have a GREAT voice for Don Olsen's productions--BUT then again it was HE who was the prime culprit that held these films captive!

For the masses out there: There were TWO (2) ten-inch 16mm reels of nothing but amazing views of the Shipyard Railway in action. The RSR was filmed by Gordon Robertson, former signal supervisor of the Key System. I got a private showing in Robbie's basement theatre at his home in Oakland's Park Boulevard district some 40+ years ago. After his widow 'Jenne" passed away, the films disappeared. Too bad!

KRK

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Finally Available: "Richmond Shipyard Railway" ... Key Route Ken 03-16-2008 - 21:01
  Re: Finally Available: "Richmond Shipyard Railway" ... Alf Doten 03-18-2008 - 09:51
  Re: Finally Available: "Richmond Shipyard Railway" ... fkrock 03-19-2008 - 09:37
  Re: Finally Available: "Richmond Shipyard Railway" ... Key Route Ken 03-19-2008 - 10:15
  Re: Finally Available: "Richmond Shipyard Railway" ... George Andrews 03-19-2008 - 19:13
  Re: Finally Available: "Richmond Shipyard Railway" ... stash 03-19-2008 - 20:05
  Re: Finally Available: "Richmond Shipyard Railway" ... Stevo del Applegato 03-19-2008 - 21:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com