Re: BNSF Industrial Lead South of Stege, West of
Author: Burr Wilson
Date: 03-27-2015 - 08:36

Curio,
I think there's confusion between the lead built in the sixties to service the Point Isabel USPS plant (now a public trail) and another lead close to Highway 580. The piece of track you are referring to is the latter; a short section of curving crossing Regatta Blvd and straightening southward along Meade St., right?
As in this Google Map view;
[www.google.com]
Switching to Google Earth - presto, no track!
[www.google.com]
This track served a local plant with business name of Staley. Short tank cars with Staley logo. Maybe shipper-owned. Don't know what was in those cars.
Over the past couple of years, I've noticed that track getting progressively shorter and shorter as it was torn up to make way for urban renewal in the area. Last I saw of it, about three years ago, UP had spotted Maintenance of Way equipment on it.
I believe this trackage is UP property. BNSF has trackage rights over the UP, and their stack trains, Oakland Local and Warm Springs turn are frequently at the wye passing over Highway 580. I think the actual point where BNSF interchanges with UP is at Marina Bay Parkway in Richmond.
Anyway, this area will see a lot less rail traffic when the BNSF-UP Richmond Rail Connector is opened for service. Work started last year. Anyone know when the cutover will take place?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BNSF Industrial Lead South of Stege, West of Curio 03-27-2015 - 00:35
  Re: BNSF Industrial Lead South of Stege, West of Joe Magruder 03-27-2015 - 06:50
  Re: BNSF Industrial Lead South of Stege, West of Stash 03-27-2015 - 07:38
  Re: BNSF Industrial Lead South of Stege, West of Burr Wilson 03-27-2015 - 08:36
  Re: BNSF Industrial Lead South of Stege, West of Bill Root 03-27-2015 - 10:14
  Thank You Curio 03-27-2015 - 11:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com