Re: U.S. Rails "Not" Really yet a "Bear" Market
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-30-2015 - 02:14

While the sky is always falling to those inclined to see the world that way, my Berkshire stock is only down from the earlier high of nearly $150 to $136.

I think that Rose has been honest and open about the issues BNSF is facing and investors have factored that in. I actually thought my stock was overvalued, so I kind of expected this correction.

Since intermodal is continuing to rise and most of this fall in traffic relates to coal traffic volume losses, I doubt the sky will fall. Coal is expensive and dirty compared to gas for making electricity (or about anything else?), and while that is bad for UP and BNSF Powder Rive "tonnage" volumes, it is actually good for the rest of us consumers in bringing us cheaper electricity.

RR stocks had been outperforming the market by about 20% since 2011, now, a market correction has taken them down, to only performing with the rest of the market.

I expect energy prices to rise slightly over the next year, (as I also predicted six months ago, and has occurred with oil) as we are already seeing a floor build under fracking oil prices. So now, that RR's and other Dow "transports" (trucks and air were really off a lot more) have corrected from an outperformance of the market, and are priced at levels which reflect these new realities, there may even be buying opportunities for RR stocks.

A slow steady but growing real economy, a strong dollar, little or no inflation, cheap energy, and the slow economies in Europe and Asia, are also reflected in this overdue market correction. However, this means that interest rates are unlikely to spike or be raised in any significant way by the Federal Reserve, still making stocks the preferred investment for higher returns. If the Greek fiasco is dealt with, and China begins more aggressive stimulus, I think you may actually see a fall rally in stocks.

Remember when investing, buy low, sell high...... And, never follow the herd when investing, they'll only lead you off of the cliff, when they panic.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Taxpayer 06-29-2015 - 12:15
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Pdxrailtransit 06-29-2015 - 13:04
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Earwig 06-29-2015 - 13:12
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Pdxrailtransit 06-29-2015 - 13:15
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Brad 06-29-2015 - 22:28
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Taxpayer 06-30-2015 - 08:59
  Re: Are you sure about that? BOB2 06-30-2015 - 09:28
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Brad 06-30-2015 - 10:25
  What does Brads stupid comments have to do with Railroading? >:p 07-06-2015 - 08:32
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Earwig 06-30-2015 - 03:54
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump mook 06-29-2015 - 13:13
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Koom 06-29-2015 - 15:02
  Re: U.S. Rails "Not" Really yet a "Bear" Market BOB2 06-30-2015 - 02:14
  Re: U.S. Rails "Not" Really yet a "Bear" Market mook 06-30-2015 - 08:48
  Re: U.S. Rails Skid Into Bear Market on Triple Whammy Cargo Slump Earwig 06-30-2015 - 12:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com