Re: Coachella Valley Service
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-30-2015 - 02:30

This is a severely congested corridor, and will get much worse. This project has great merit for regional access and potential ridership, as I-10 over the pass has become a parking lot. I studied several of these proposals, several times over the last 20+ years, and was asked by RCTC for my opinion on several occasions. I told them to find at least 500 million dollars and then talk to the UP.... who will likely tell them to find more.

Riverside County is an interesting animal when it comes to transportation politics and projects, promising much to the voters, while project delivery has been problematic. There has been a huge "sucking sound" that has come from many of the freeway projects cost overruns in Riverside County. This has resulted in delayed the completion of the Perris Metrolink extension project. And, the politics of West County versus East County continues to make rail service to the Coachella Valley a very low priority.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Coachella Valley Service Roxanna Canino 06-29-2015 - 21:58
  Re: Coachella Valley Service BOB2 06-30-2015 - 02:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com