Help with some Donner Train Symbols
Author: Matt C. BatrynRodriguez
Date: 07-03-2015 - 11:56

I'm up visiting family in Grass Valley area, and today got out to shoot on Donner in the morning. Not a bad morning with 4 eastbounds and 2 westbounds between about 6 and 9:30. Below is a list of what I managed to shoot, and curious if anyone can help out with symbols for these.

UP 7979 - Eastbound - Huge Manifest (something like 620 axels) - dest of Roper, UT - guessing this is the MRVRO
UP 7937 - Eastbound - Unit Reefer Train - dest of Medford Park, IL - Guessing this is the ZDLSKP, but not sure if that is the current symbol it is useing.
UP 6575 - Eastbound - Unit Grain Train - dest of Nothfield, MN - No idea here
UP 8459 - Eastbound - Intermodal Train (had a few piggybacks on the rear) (second unit was UP 2548, which looked to be a very new GEVO, tier 4?) - dest of Global 2, IL - guessing this is the ZLTG2 or the ZOAG2
UP 7964 - Westbound - Intermodal Train - dest of Oakland, CA - This one someone informed me is the KMNOA

Many thanks in advance!
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Help with some Donner Train Symbols Matt C. BatrynRodriguez 07-03-2015 - 11:56
  Re: Help with some Donner Train Symbols Donner Rat 07-03-2015 - 14:58
  Re: Help with some Donner Train Symbols Matt C. BatrynRodriguez 07-03-2015 - 20:01
  Re: Help with some Donner Train Symbols SP5103 07-04-2015 - 15:53
  Re: Help with some Donner Train Symbols Famoso local 07-04-2015 - 17:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com