Re: Harsco RMS 11
Author: Bruce Butler
Date: 01-23-2007 - 10:34

One thing I learned many (over 50) years ago --- one does not pester working railroaders with a lot of questions WHILE THEY ARE WORKING! Not only does this distract them from their duties, but it can even setup potential safety compromises. Also, not a good idea to run your mouth to impress them with your knowledge!

My current experience as a working locomotive Engineer further bears this out. Even when I am stopped and appear to be doing nothing, I may be waiting for important radio or visual communication. Keen observations with the eye, ear, and even the nose, while not perfect, often provides answers to questions that do not need to be asked.

A forum such as this is a great place to ask questions and share information. "Tobasco", a frequent poster on this discussion board, asks a lot of good questions. He usually gets good answers here also.

OK, end of editorial.

I did not ask many questions, but here are some of the observations that I made:
After they tied up Sunday evening a different crew came to do inspection and maintenance on the RMS 11. At all times there were several BNSF vehicles around. A BNSF pickup preceded all movements of the RMS 11 and provided grade crossing protection. Everybody was wearing hardhats, gloves, and safety vests. Their main concern about me was that I stay well in the clear when they were moving and/or grinding. I gave them my positive assurance and I believe that the pictures confirm this.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Rail Grinder on BNSF at Spokane WA Bruce Butler 01-23-2007 - 00:34
  Harsco RMS 11 Dick Seelye 01-23-2007 - 09:24
  Re: Harsco RMS 11 Bruce Butler 01-23-2007 - 10:34
  Re: Harsco RMS 11 Ross Hall 01-23-2007 - 16:46
  Re: Harsco RMS 11 Eric Strang 01-23-2007 - 17:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com