rare LEGAL milage ! ! !
Author: Mike Lepker
Date: 08-05-2015 - 18:52

Some of You that know Me know that I am winding down My 39 year career with BNSF (ATSF). I started out as a switchman in Barstow yard on April 6, 1977. I will make My last trip there the end of February, then take 5 weeks vacation ending on April 6th, 2016. 39 years to the day. With that in mind, Barstow is now an RCO job yard unlike the 4 man crews of old. To be able to mark up there I had to be RCO qualified. A month ago a bid in Winslow came up for RCO training. I took the training, passed the test and did a week of "OJT", (on the job training. Last week I made familiarization trips on, get this, the PEAVINE ! ! What an awesome area to ride on ! This week I am going to Belen, on the "Route of the Chiefs" ! ! I will have a 30 day "hold" of which I will be able to ride areas unheard of when I hired out. This is a result of system wide seniority that was implemented when it was thought that ATSF would become SPSF.

I have had such an awesome career with highlights such as riding cabooses on Cajon Pass, switching WITHOUT RADIOS on CF7s in San Diego yard and working brakeman's trips on 3751 in 1992 and 1993.

I thank the company that hired Me in 1977 for such a wonderful job, even when I had to take a stick and remove "crater" from My Vibram soled work boots ! !

Under 4 months to go on the road and 2 months next year in Barstow yard. The journey is almost over but it was an incredible ride ! ! !

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  rare LEGAL milage ! ! ! Mike Lepker 08-05-2015 - 18:52
  Re: rare LEGAL milage ! ! ! Jon 08-05-2015 - 18:57
  Re: rare LEGAL milage ! ! ! Mike Lepker 08-06-2015 - 12:10
  Re: rare LEGAL milage ! ! ! ron 08-06-2015 - 14:48
  Re: rare LEGAL milage ! ! ! ex-BN 08-06-2015 - 21:16
  Re: rare LEGAL milage ! ! ! David.Curlee 08-08-2015 - 22:19
  Re: rare LEGAL milage ! ! ! Mike Lepker 08-10-2015 - 01:40

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com