Re: "Pacific Imperial Railroaded me": SD&AE
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-28-2015 - 23:26

I'm shocked, just shocked!

I was asked by someone recently, through an acquaintance down in San Diego, if I knew anything about this situation, by someone who was involved in this, about what I though of the chances to rehabilitate and operate this line, and they had a very worried look when I started laughing.... they may have been fleecing lots of folks, it would seem.

I was involved in 4 or 5 studies that looked at reopening this line over a twenty year period, and even the "most optimistic" cost estimates showed little promise of this line to generate sufficient returns from freight movements to justify even the lowest end estimates to repair and operate the line.

Apparently, they would intimate to investors that the Port, MTS, SANDAG, or some other "tooth fairy" was going to do the "heavy lifting" to put the line back in shape with public monies and that "all was well"..... Oh well, let the lawsuits fly, that's why God made lawyers, and folks should do better "due diligence" when making their investments.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "Pacific Imperial Railroaded me": SD&AE FormB 09-28-2015 - 22:46
  Re: "Pacific Imperial Railroaded me": SD&AE BOB2 09-28-2015 - 23:26
  Re: "Pacific Imperial Railroaded me": SD&AE Mud 09-29-2015 - 05:11

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com