Re: GGRM @ SC City Council
Author: Howard
Date: 09-30-2015 - 09:16

Here's an update on the Golden Gate Railroad Museum's desire to move to Santa Cruz from Tom Padula

"Yesterday afternoon at the santa Cruz City council meeting, there was a presentation from the GGRM to the council about their proposed move to and operations within Santa Cruz. The presentation was similar to the ones of the past with a few new details (potentially building an engine shed at the wye to share with the wharf operations).

Overall, it was well received. The council members who voiced an opinion all were in favor of the GGRM's relocation and project. Also, the members of the public who spoke (including me, though I am not a resident of the city) were also all generally in favor, with one person bringing up the issue of pedestrian access across the tracks at the wye. (The longer version of the presentation has addressed this in the past, and the GGRM has said they fully intend to provide crossings as needed for the neighborhood.)

At this point, it appears that the next step is to get the approval of the RTC for the move. I'm keeping my fingers crossed."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  GGRM @ SC City Council JBP 09-30-2015 - 07:51
  Re: GGRM @ SC City Council Slug 09-30-2015 - 08:11
  Re: GGRM @ SC City Council Howard 09-30-2015 - 09:16
  Re: GGRM @ SC City Council J.R. 09-30-2015 - 09:45
  Re: GGRM @ SC City Council busy 09-30-2015 - 13:41
  Re: GGRM @ SC City Council Negin 09-30-2015 - 15:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com