Amtrak shrink wrap
Author: Richard Elgenson
Date: 04-25-2008 - 13:00

Yesterday, while on board Metrolink to LA Union Station for an Operation Lifesaver meeting, I noticed an Amtrak F-59 (458?) at Redondo yard shrink wrapped with decals for National Train Day. I didn't have time to use the new phone camera, so watch out for this one on Surfliner trains. After the meeting, there was a low level Amtrak 10 car trainset on track 12. F-59 on each end, Ocean View full length dome in the middle. The cars had single digit numbers taped near each door. The dome was labeled "M". One side had some new metal grill on it. Got one photo of dome before camera memory was full. According to schedule, it appears this train was to terminate in Santa Barbara. Anyone know why such a lengthy train and how long Ocean View in Southern California? I have spent time on Ocean View for 75th anniversary Empire Builder. Story is posted on my web site with hundreds of photos including Beech Grove inside and out.

Richard Elgenson
www.trainweb.org/richard

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Amtrak shrink wrap Richard Elgenson 04-25-2008 - 13:00
  Re: Amtrak shrink wrap Ken Ruben 04-26-2008 - 00:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com