Re: Metrolink's Late Trains - PTC startup was a factor
Author: Speeder Kevin
Date: 02-01-2016 - 17:50

I wonder how long the testing and certification of the PTC system will take. I know my cousins train he rides has had some interesting moments on the San Bernardino line recently with the BNSF units. Slow? Maybe to start. According to his GPS in his phone along the 10, 82 MPH is pretty spunky. Jarring with slack action, definitely.

My question is when does the PTC enforcement begin to the point where they feel that the system is good enough?

Also, just today, the report is that the doors in the front of the train at Cal-State opened up to a 4 foot drop off onto the ballast.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Metrolink's Late Trains - PTC startup was a factor mook 02-01-2016 - 11:00
  Re: Metrolink's Late Trains - PTC startup was a factor Speeder Kevin 02-01-2016 - 17:50
  Re: Metrolink's Late Trains - PTC startup was a factor Max Wyss 02-02-2016 - 01:15
  Re: Metrolink's Late Trains - PTC startup was a factor Speeder Kevin 02-03-2016 - 09:52
  Re: Metrolink's Late Trains - PTC startup was a factor BOB2 02-03-2016 - 11:03
  Re: Metrolink's Late Trains - PTC startup was a factor Max Wyss 02-03-2016 - 13:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com