PCC Moscow branch---see also cost estimate thread below
Author: Mark Lewis
Date: 01-29-2007 - 19:00

Talked to a friend at BNSF today, if all goes as planned they will be sending at least 3 baretable trains down the P&L for storage on the former UP Moscow branch this week, and probably 3 next week as well. If you want to get some photos of long trains on the P&L this would provide you the opportunity. The Washington & Idaho crew has been very friendly towards me on my photo excursions so it might be worth the trip if the weather cooperates. I also have talked to a railroad consultant friend of mine and he feels the bridge repair estimates are deliberately high for political reasons to kill the whole rail freight preservation project at WSDOT. I'm told that most of the rail freight staff at WSDOT has quit or is planning to quit and certain people want the branch line project (P&L & CW) to go away and hope to discourage the new staff with the high costs. They want to focus on Stampede Pass type projects and commuter trains. But Stampede Pass might not be needed either.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  PCC Moscow branch---see also cost estimate thread below Mark Lewis 01-29-2007 - 19:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com