Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Run TODAY
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 06-06-2008 - 07:03

Crazy day at work, so I'll have to be brief. First, a clarification. Yesterday was indeed the last "regular" revenue run, i.e. lumber. But when they start hauling out mill scrap, I wonder if those too might be considered revenue runs since BNSF will likely not be doing it for free. Whatever. Anyway, what makes (made) CdA so special, at least to me, was that it had four branches reaching to it. There are plenty of cities, towns, and country junctions where you have (or had) three, four or more main lines passing through, and a number of branch lines reaching outward. And there were big coastal port cities (or future port cities) that had multiple railroads aiming toward them with their transcon main lines. But how many places do you know of that became the target, the end point, of four separate branch lines? Not branches approaching from opposite directions and making that city or town a point of interchange, but branches all approaching from roughly the same direction to tap the business of that one town. In the case of CdA, three of its four branches literally paralleled each other just a few yards apart as they came in from the west. More I could say, but later. Don't know if the boxcars are empties they had in case the mill needed them, or just empties stored long-term. No schedule I know of on the track removal (Huetter to CdA), but the city is hot to see it removed.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CdA Local Last Revenue Runs This Week Bruce Kelly 06-04-2008 - 09:21
  Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Runs This Week Bruce Kelly 06-04-2008 - 14:55
  Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Run TODAY Bruce Kelly 06-05-2008 - 16:13
  Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Run TODAY J&H Taylor 06-05-2008 - 16:50
  Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Run TODAY Bruce Kelly 06-06-2008 - 07:03
  Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Run TODAY George Andrews 06-06-2008 - 08:57
  Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Run TODAY Bruce Kelly 06-06-2008 - 09:20
  Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Run TODAY Last Revenue, 100+ yrs. of Railroadin 06-06-2008 - 20:27
  Re: CdA Local Last Revenue Run TODAY Bruce Kelly 06-07-2008 - 13:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com