Re: current Siskiyou Line traffic?
Author: Stevo del Applegato
Date: 06-28-2016 - 15:36

I guess I should chime in, as other AP posters helped me a few weeks back.

As of early June, CORP was running between Medford and Weed five days a week. I can't speak for the Medford side of things, but the Weed job goes on duty about 0700. Their first chore is to run up and switch the mill in Weed. Once done, they put their train together and head for Hornbrook. Power is usually two Geep 39-2s.

The day I chased only one Geep was in use as the other was left behind awaiting minor repairs. They moved along at a steady twenty-five mph, making for a very relaxing chase. They made a quick stop in Montague to move cars set out earlier in the week. They arrived Hornbrook about 1100 and wasted no time swapping trains with the already arrived Medford job.

Once the crews remade their trains, air tests were made and they were on their way back to their respective terminals. The train arrived back in Weed at about 1500 and set about working the mill again. I was advised that they generally go to Black Butte once a week - usually Thursday.

I would guess that the Medford job start times somewhat mirror those of the Weed, depending on train length and work along the way.

SdA

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  current Siskiyou Line traffic? Olde Glen Ellen Station 06-27-2016 - 10:19
  Re: current Siskiyou Line traffic? Bill K. 06-27-2016 - 10:58
  Re: current Siskiyou Line traffic? Stevo del Applegato 06-28-2016 - 15:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com