Re: Drama in Ely involving Nevada Northern
Author: breakdown
Date: 07-29-2016 - 14:02

You are correct there is ego involved. Two things that stick out to me on this, when I volunteered there 10 years ago there was full paid shop staff and a boat load of volunteers more than enough to keep things going, this was a little while after Mr Bassett took over. After being there for almost 4 years I witnessed myself how Mark talked to and treated people. Some shady things going on with grant money etc etc etc.... In one year he lost his entire paid staff, they all quit on him and few got fired later for asking questions regarding money on different projects. Within two years all the volunteers that where there had quit and left, and we were all banned from the property even to this day. It sounds to me that he has lost another round of volunteers.

Bassett and Gianoli want to keep bashing Mr Westland and trying to lay blame on him for the failures that have been going on for years long after Westland was fired for questioning missing purchase orders for supplies on multiple times.

I love the NNRy as much as anyone but you have to ask yourself this question. How is it a railroad in a small town in the middle of nowhere needs to raise 1 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR to stay alive.... something still isn't right. Anyone who tries to or gets close to getting to the bottom of things; or asks to many questions they get fired or bashed.

I have never heard of firing volunteers multiple times but Mr Bassett has. I stand by my statement the best thing for railroad in Ely was Bassett and Gianoli walking away. The City council could get a more qualified person to take the helm with no problem at all.

IMHO I don't see a bright future ahead for the NNRy as long as the leadership that has brought it to this point is still in place.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Drama in Ely involving Nevada Northern OPRRMS 07-25-2016 - 21:44
  Re: Drama in Ely involving Nevada Northern Espee99 07-26-2016 - 10:55
  Re: Drama in Ely involving Nevada Northern breakdown 07-29-2016 - 03:17
  Re: Drama in Ely involving Nevada Northern sp1269 07-29-2016 - 09:55
  Re: Drama in Ely involving Nevada Northern HUTCH 7.62 07-29-2016 - 13:23
  Re: Drama in Ely involving Nevada Northern breakdown 07-29-2016 - 14:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com