Re: Wick Moorman to be next Amtrak CEO/President (link fixed)
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-19-2016 - 11:19

I've been very unimpressed with the last 8 years or so of "drift" at Amtrak, with no sign of any effective strategic vision, and not much sign of any skillset able to create or implement one.

I've even met with Joe Boardman privately, and heard him speak on numerous occasions. And unfortunately, I always came away from these encounters shaking my head at his lack of strategic vision, lack of political understanding, weak support for the successful State corridors, and his often convoluted thinking on what Amtrak's "priorities" should be.

Seeming to bumble from crisis to crisis is not an effective "management" strategy. Although that would appear to be the management track record at Amtrak, of late. So after 8 years of "drift" there is certainly plenty a lot of room for this "new improved" leadership at Amtrak, to do a better job.....

It was the best of times.... It was the worst of times.......

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Wick Moorman (former NS CEO) to be next Amtrak CEO/President Graham Buxton 08-19-2016 - 09:56
  Re: Wick Moorman to be next Amtrak CEO/President (link fixed) Graham Buxton 08-19-2016 - 10:06
  Re: Wick Moorman to be next Amtrak CEO/President (link fixed) BOB2 08-19-2016 - 11:19
  Re: Wick Moorman to be next Amtrak CEO/President (link fixed) Sgt. Joe Friday 08-19-2016 - 12:16
  Re: Wick Moorman to be next Amtrak CEO/President (link fixed) Hoghead 1 08-19-2016 - 12:55
  Re: Wick Moorman to be next Amtrak CEO/President (link fixed) George Andrews 08-20-2016 - 11:50
  Re: Wick Moorman to be next Amtrak CEO/President (link fixed) Dr Zarkoff 08-22-2016 - 00:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com