Re: Railroad Newsline for Thursday, 06/26/08
Author: LPNGANDY
Date: 06-29-2008 - 08:00

Yes, the TV station made a little mistake there, but I commend them for again trying to educate the judgement impaired, which Eugene has more than its' share of. I have worked right where the video was made for almost three years, and I have watched this, and much worse. One thing they didn't show was the parking lot directly across the tracks from the Amtrak station. It's one of the biggest lots in this part of town. There is a fence between the lot and the tracks, with a big hole cut in the wire right after it was put up a few years ago. And you can just walk around the end of the fence, too. These raids are staged a couple times a year, and they ticket many people there at the fence hole. Any other time of the year, it's like an ant trail of people going through there, and right onto the tracks. Most people will not walk the extra 2-3 blocks to use a protected crossing, which they usually go around or ignore anyway. Even when one of them gets squashed or cut in half, it's only a temporary slowdown. Every day I see people not even bothering to stop and at least look, and the same can be said of the bike riders on the streets. Some of them think they are the only ones out there. My grandpa used to call things like this "culling the herd".

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railroad Newsline for Thursday, 06/26/08 Larry W. Grant 06-25-2008 - 20:01
  Re: Railroad Newsline for Thursday, 06/26/08 Cordes 06-26-2008 - 10:19
  Re: Railroad Newsline for Thursday, 06/26/08 LPNGANDY 06-29-2008 - 08:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com