Montana coal mines and railroads
Author: Graham Buxton
Date: 07-02-2008 - 18:14

Given the recent postings re Coal's future, I found some interesting links.

It started with this article indicating a financial settlement in a Bull Mountain Coal Mine (Montana) fraud lawsuit.
[rs6.net]]

I wasn't sure whether the as yet unbuilt railroad for the Bull Mountain Mine was part of the Tongue River Railroad project, so I went looking for references.

It turns out the two projects don't connect with each other (except both to connect to BNSF), but in the course I found this interesting PDF of Montana railroad ownership:

[dnrc.mt.gov]

The map includes the Tongue River Railroad. If you are not familiar with the Tongue River project, it would serve new coal mines and shortcut BNSF between Decker and Miles City, running roughly along the Tongue River. This railroad has been approved, but financing depends on having coal contracts, and Montana (with a private owner also having holdings in a checkerboard fashion) are still evaluating whether to offer coal leases in this area.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Montana coal mines and railroads Graham Buxton 07-02-2008 - 18:14
  Here's the railroad map, link missing above Graham Buxton 07-02-2008 - 18:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com