Some East Coast Electric Odditites (for E60 fans only)
Author: Freericks
Date: 07-07-2008 - 08:04

I hope I haven't strayed too far off topic with these images here. Thought they were unusual enough they might be of interest.

Visiting NJ a couple years ago, when the E60CHs that Amtrak ran were on their way out, I was surpirsed by two trains, within moments of each other. The first had a P42 in the consist (which means it was dragged through the East River and North River tunnels - which doesn't seem like a safe place for a diesel).

[www.railpictures.net]

Next is a shot (taken moments later) of an eastbound train with an E60CH and an AEM7. The AEM7 appears to be dead (ironic as the E60s were scrapped for being unreliable, while the AEM7s solider on today).

[www.railpictures.net]

In all my trips back east, I'd never seen an E60CH paired with or pulling any other kind of power but another E60... and this moment, I saw two in mere moments of each other.

Charles Freericks

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Some East Coast Electric Odditites (for E60 fans only) Freericks 07-07-2008 - 08:04
  Re: Some East Coast Electric Odditites (for E60 fans only) Bruce Kelly 07-07-2008 - 12:40
  Re: Some East Coast Electric Odditites (for E60 fans only) J 07-07-2008 - 13:32
  Northeast Corridor observations . 07-07-2008 - 13:42
  Re: Northeast Corridor observations Freericks 07-07-2008 - 15:51

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com