Them Old Songs
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 03-14-2017 - 06:22

I'd often heard about Drive 8 but never gave the video a real look until now. Way more Chessie action than I expected.

One of my favorite bands from the 70s and 80s was Genesis, whose themes usually ranged from fantasy and sci fi to the thinly-veiled political and social. By the late 70s, they churned out a couple of tunes (Ballad of Big, Deep in the Motherlode) whose lyrics revealed Phil Collins's growing interest in history, and particularly American history. But his other hobby was railways (an interest shared by former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett), and it wasn't until the final Genesis album with Phil as front man in the early 90s that a true train-themed song was produced by them, which honored the heroes who built the earliest British railways. After much groundwork and tracklaying, the train finally gets rolling at about the 07:00 mark:
[www.youtube.com]

And one final offering from the late 80s, the sound of which brings back memories of Winterail and Eastrail shows by Benson, Boyd, and others from long, long ago:
[www.youtube.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  REM Driver 8 - Always worth another look/listen Pdxrailtransit 03-13-2017 - 12:06
  Re: REM Driver 8 - Always worth another look/listen J. K. Trowling 03-13-2017 - 13:30
  Re: REM Driver 8 - Always worth another look/listen Jack S. 03-13-2017 - 18:19
  Re: REM Driver 8 - Always worth another look/listen Larry Dickman 03-13-2017 - 22:19
  Them Old Songs Bruce Kelly 03-14-2017 - 06:22
  Re: Them Old Songs Espee99 03-14-2017 - 10:09
  Re: Them Old Songs RFM 03-14-2017 - 13:36
  Re: Them Old Songs HUTCH 7.62 03-14-2017 - 19:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com