Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge
Author: Nussel Snouts
Date: 04-18-2017 - 21:46

Read some of the Ben Stein (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) articles about life in Sandpoint, Idaho. He has a summer home there and is not a rail fan, but has many times mentioned his love for the sound of the trains, rather poetically at times.

And then, lights out and lying in bed listening to Warren Buffett’s trains. The Burlington Northern Santa Fe, which goes past The Seasons all day and all night. I love it. I cannot tell you how much I love that noise. Better than any music. Why? Who knows? Sometimes potential buyers here at The Seasons ask me how I deal with the noise of the trains. I tell them I wish there were more train noise. I just love it. Again, who knows why?

This is a peaceful place. Many times a day, a freight train comes through town. It makes the ground tremble. Somehow, though, the strength of the train blends with the strength of the water, and above it, the endless light blue sky. Again, this is a peaceful place.

The realtor accuses a commenter from railroad rich Cheney, Wa as not a resident of Sandpoint, implying he would not understand their plight and that he might also work for a railroad. She of course is blind to her own actual bias as a realtor, not able to get away with the line, trains don't run on those tracks anymore. She also like others does not notice traffic noise, especially the hiss of tires, because that noise really is 24/7 and is of them. The trains are unnecessary and an intruder in their hissing world.
Naturally the trains must move to a rural location, which Sandpoint was when I visited in the early 70's before she helped ruin the place.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge S. Thomas 04-18-2017 - 14:02
  Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge George Andrews 04-18-2017 - 19:10
  Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge Nussel Snouts 04-18-2017 - 21:46
  Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge Bruce Kelly 04-19-2017 - 06:34
  Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge Colin Johnson 04-20-2017 - 15:32
  Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge Bruce Kelly 04-20-2017 - 18:03
  Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge LAS 04-19-2017 - 08:05
  Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge Colin Johnson 04-20-2017 - 18:51
  Re: BNSF moving forward with 2nd Pend Oreille bridge Gordy 04-20-2017 - 22:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com