Gold Line (Pasadena), crossing gates stuck while train in station
Author: Algi1
Date: 05-20-2017 - 10:46

So yesterday (Friday) during afternoon rush hour, a Gold Line train broke down somewhere between Lake and Del Mar Stations. A northbound train pulled into the Fillmore station, and had to wait. I could see the crossing gates on California Blvd. were down the whole time, must have been at least 10 minutes. I thought these were "smart" crossing gates that go back up when no train is coming, or can the operator make them go up? It must have created quiet a traffic nightmare as California Blvd. in Pasadena gets very busy during rush hour. Or couldn't the Gold Line operator back his train to allow the gates to go back up? This also happened on Figueroa St. in Highland Park. I guess all northbound Gold Line trains had to wait at their stations. This was a nightmare traffic delay on Figueroa. I'd like to know how crossing gates and circuits and timing, etc. work, and what can be done to make them go back up if a train is stalled or stopped near the crossing.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Gold Line (Pasadena), crossing gates stuck while train in station Algi1 05-20-2017 - 10:46
  Re: Gold Line (Pasadena), crossing gates stuck while train in station mook 05-20-2017 - 11:10
  Re: Gold Line (Pasadena), crossing gates stuck while train in station CCTGM 05-20-2017 - 15:11
  Re: Gold Line (Pasadena), crossing gates stuck while train in station mook 05-20-2017 - 18:24

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com