Re: Any good junk left of the Cloverdale Lumber R.R. east of Qunicy
Author: Tom Moungovan
Date: 08-07-2008 - 21:38

Rather than Cloverdale Lumber Company east of Quincy, I believe that you mean Clover Valley Lbr. Co. just east of Portola.
There were still a few artifacts out there in the 70's when I was hiking the ROW in contemplation of doing a book. I doubt if much is left although it is quite easy to follow the grade for most of the way. Start @ Hawley & continue north past the east end of the airport up Mapes Canyon past the summit to the old site of Crocker Tank (should be marked with sign). You can continue further out to Camp 13 where 2-6-6-2T 4 exchanged her empties with loads brought out from Camp 14 by 2-6-2 8. Both engines are still around and have operated since the railroad was last used in 1957 (as Feather River Lbr. Co. for that year).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Any good junk left of the Cloverdale Lumber R.R. east of Qunicy Bob and Sue 08-07-2008 - 17:10
  Re: Any good junk left of the Cloverdale Lumber R.R. east of Qunicy mook 08-07-2008 - 18:09
  Re: Any good junk left of the Cloverdale Lumber R.R. east of Qunicy Al Stangenberger 08-07-2008 - 19:42
  Re: Any good junk left of the Cloverdale Lumber R.R. east of Qunicy Tom Moungovan 08-07-2008 - 21:38
  Re: Any good junk left of the Cloverdale Lumber R.R. east of Qunicy Rich Hunn 08-08-2008 - 06:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com