Re: Burbank branch future?
Author: jfranz2777@aol.com
Date: 05-29-2017 - 01:00

Yeah, regretfully, the line is gone, but it is stubbed off to a wye at Chandler. There are several passenger cars of some sort stored in the middle of the wye. The hardware (Terry Lumber) store next to tracks is very nasty about people "breaking security" there and calls BPD whenever they see someone, since they feel any trespassers are after their stuff. The Metrolink station in Burbank is similarly "alert" to trespassers, etc. Perhaps I can sneak in via the Burbank/Victory overpass area to get a closer look, but have been busted there by California State Police (who knew CA had that)- CA State Police is responsible for bridges and overpasses here in CA. An unknown agency, but have to admit the guy was almost pleasant about ejecting me from the area. He knew I was a Foamer by my scanner and camera.
Over in North Hollywood the branch ROW is severely compromised by the Red Line parking as well as the high school infringing on the remains of the ROW - however, once they get by NOHO and get onto the old Chandler blvd. ROW, it might be easier to slap down track - HOWEVER, to use the old ROW, they have to shut down the "orange-line" express busway for a while - probably NOT gonna happen anytime soon, but MTA has been whining about "under-utilzation" - sooooo who knows.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Burbank branch future? Question 05-27-2017 - 20:56
  Re: Burbank branch future? Cprr 05-27-2017 - 21:03
  Re: Burbank branch future? Bill K. 05-28-2017 - 06:12
  Re: Burbank branch future? Don't hold your breath.... BOB2 05-28-2017 - 11:59
  Re: Burbank branch future? LA taxpayer 05-30-2017 - 07:45
  Re: Burbank branch future? jfranz2777@aol.com 05-29-2017 - 01:00
  Re: Burbank branch future? jst3751 05-29-2017 - 18:25
  Re: Burbank branch future? BNSF Rail Guy 05-29-2017 - 18:47
  Re: Burbank branch future? David Dewey 05-30-2017 - 11:11
  Re: Burbank branch future? George Andrews 05-30-2017 - 21:10
  Re: Burbank branch future? jfranz2777 06-02-2017 - 00:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com