Re: Columbia Gorge commission backs county's denial of railroad expansion
Author: Nudge
Date: 06-19-2017 - 16:32

You know, I always thought the railroad was allowed to do what they wanted with their property.

To stop them, I would think the county's, states & what ever, would be guilty of impeding interstate commerce. In other words, this would be under federal rules, not some po-dunk tree huggers or nimby group.

I am surprised UP hasn't slapped them in federal court and done what they want.

Nudge

But maybe if something did happen and they were not allowed to take corrective action because of these groups, I would love to see UP tear them a new one in court and bankrupt these groups. I would take a bag lunch to sit and listen.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Columbia Gorge commission backs county's denial of railroad expansion Tim 06-18-2017 - 09:10
  Re: Columbia Gorge commission backs county's denial of railroad expansion Buck Owens cousin 06-18-2017 - 09:51
  Re: Columbia Gorge commission backs county's denial of railroad expansion Pdxrailtransit 06-18-2017 - 10:34
  Re: Columbia Gorge commission backs county's denial of railroad expansion OT Local 06-18-2017 - 11:38
  Re: Columbia Gorge commission backs county's denial of railroad expansion Nudge 06-19-2017 - 16:32
  Re: Columbia Gorge commission backs county's denial of railroad expansion Retired 06-20-2017 - 04:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com