Re: Cheaper than a roomette on the Lark when adjusted for inflation?
Author: Erik H.
Date: 07-03-2017 - 21:01

George Andrews Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SUPER narrow aisle and low overheads too. How will this work with America's ever expanding
> (size-wise ) population ??? I'm also skeptical that anyone could sleep while traveling over
> pothole - infested Interstate 5.

Took two trips on the Amtrak Coast Starlight last year (one round-trip, one one-way), both times in a Roomette.

Didn't get any sleep either time. One time I was so unable to sleep I ended up in the Pacific Parlour Car at 5:30 AM out of sheer boredom.

I've taken the Empire Builder in the past where the nice folks in Spokane decided not to hook us up to house power during the splitting of the train, resulting in two hours of near-freezing temperatures (no HVAC onboard the train).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Cheaper than a roomette on the Lark when adjusted for inflation? Pdxrailtransit 07-01-2017 - 13:46
  Re: Cheaper than a roomette on the Lark when adjusted for inflation? BOB R 07-01-2017 - 18:01
  Re: Cheaper than a roomette on the Lark when adjusted for inflation? Edward 07-01-2017 - 18:39
  Re: Cheaper than a roomette on the Lark when adjusted for inflation? mook 07-02-2017 - 15:09
  Re: Cheaper than a roomette on the Lark when adjusted for inflation? George Andrews 07-02-2017 - 16:22
  Re: Cheaper than a roomette on the Lark when adjusted for inflation? pedo viejo 07-02-2017 - 18:53
  Re: Cheaper than a roomette on the Lark when adjusted for inflation? Erik H. 07-03-2017 - 21:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com