Re: L.A. Union Station/Griffith Park Questions
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-17-2017 - 11:56

Thanks partly to my old friend Tommy LaBonge for all of the helping to put most of these pieces of equipment out of the weather at Travel Town, where they were rusting and rotting away. But while the collection is in much better shape than it was just a few years ago, much preservation and restoration work is left to be done.

Travel Town has never really had the clearest mission or theme as a RR collection that I could really identify. This "vision" is still somewhat lacking, at least to my public perception, although todays displays and collections are being managed and preserved much better.

I'd even be willing to have them look at things like giving the Oahu equipment back to the Oahu RR group for restoration, or using those to "trade" for acquisition of other pieces that might better focus on a CA collection that reflects more coherently LA's SP/UP/PE/LARY/ATSF history and heritage.

I had a great time with the GF's grand kid last year, though. And, if LALS is also operating a lot of stuff, it can be a great weekend adventure, for that age group to learn all about choo-choo's.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  L.A. Union Station/Griffith Park Questions Peter D. 07-16-2017 - 15:09
  Re: L.A. Union Station/Griffith Park Questions BNSF Rail Guy 07-16-2017 - 15:45
  Re: L.A. Union Station/Griffith Park Questions Peter d. 07-16-2017 - 16:08
  Re: L.A. Union Station/Griffith Park Questions PH 07-17-2017 - 10:20
  Re: L.A. Union Station/Griffith Park Questions BOB2 07-17-2017 - 11:56
  Re: L.A. Union Station/Griffith Park Questions PH 07-17-2017 - 12:55

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com