Re: Agree, nothing happening.
Author: Nudge
Date: 07-19-2017 - 11:06

Just giving an eastern ahead sign, then a western sign for either "come to me" or "go away from me." At night they are all eastern. (ahead, stop and back)

The engineer could have waited a bit before blowing the ears off the guy. A small toot would have sufficed until he got into the cab. I know of some old head ground pounder's that would have shoved the whistle valve down the guys throat.

Some of those new engineer guys scare me. They could use a little horse sense out there. Then again, I knew where a brakeman would give the hoghead a "one car" sign and it was at the joint. The engineer started to listen.

Nudge

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Conductor gives hand signal. Gets an earful. Ho-Li Fook 07-18-2017 - 20:31
  Re: Conductor gives hand signal. Gets an earful. tundraboomer 07-19-2017 - 06:51
  Has anyone given those silver and green FURX units a nickname? Pdxrailtransit 07-19-2017 - 08:24
  Re: Has anyone given those silver and green FURX units a nickname? ShortlinesUSA 07-19-2017 - 16:37
  Re: Conductor gives hand signal. Gets an earful. JOHN 07-19-2017 - 09:25
  Agree, nothing happening. Ho-Li Fook 07-19-2017 - 09:34
  Re: Agree, nothing happening. Nudge 07-19-2017 - 11:06
  Re: Agree, nothing happening. Dr Zarkoff 07-19-2017 - 11:24
  Re: Agree, nothing happening. UP RAILBUFF CONDUCTOR SLO TOWN 07-19-2017 - 13:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com