16 round trips daily on Birghtlin Ft Lauterdale to Miami, just imagine?
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-11-2017 - 11:45

Interesting stats. about Brightline ultimately running 16 round trips daily from Fort Lauterdale to Miami in the most congested part of I-95 corridor in the Train News caught my attention.

Now. just imagine 16 round trips to and from Santa Barbara and San Diego from LAUPT, on the most congested parts of the I-5 and 101 Corridors? Imagine 16 Round trips a day to and from SFO, over Dumbarton, through the 580 corridor, under Altamont, through Modesto and Merced, to Fresno......in about an hour and forty minutes on an express schedule.........? That is what is needed to make the billion dollar investment in the Dumbarton bridge really worth doing.

Now, just imagine a first world rail system for CA......serving our most congested intercity freeway corridors, with am express train service level like that....... Only SFO-San Jose offers anything even close to that level of express and local service frequency.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  16 round trips daily on Birghtlin Ft Lauterdale to Miami, just imagine? BOB2 08-11-2017 - 11:45
  Re: 16 round trips daily on Birghtlin Ft Lauterdale to Miami, just imagine? jst3751 08-11-2017 - 12:38
  Just Imagine... And, where were you stuck in traffic today? BOB2 08-11-2017 - 13:59
  Re: Just Imagine... And, where were you stuck in traffic today? david vartanoff 08-13-2017 - 14:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com