Re: Passenger Stations in Grand Junction, Colorado
Author: Richard Elgenson
Date: 08-16-2017 - 15:38

I was there on August 2 on my way to Glenwood Springs and ultimately Denver and Red Rocks Amphitheater. In response to your inquiry, Wikipedia states: "Until 1992 Amtrak used the ex-Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad (D&RGW) station, constructed in 1906, located next door to the current building (according to "Great American Stations: Grand Junction, CO). The current station building was built in the late 1970s and originally used as a restaurant." The current building is ding-bat architecture. The other building to the east that I believe you are referring to which says "Union Station" on top says DRGW Station Master or something like that on trackside. I'll check my photo for exact wording. Others probably know more.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Passenger Stations in Grand Junction, Colorado White River Junction 08-16-2017 - 15:23
  Re: Passenger Stations in Grand Junction, Colorado Richard Elgenson 08-16-2017 - 15:38
  Re: Passenger Stations in Grand Junction, Colorado Eugene 08-16-2017 - 16:53
  Re: Passenger Stations in Grand Junction, Colorado SP5103 08-16-2017 - 18:24
  Re: Passenger Stations in Grand Junction, Colorado Nussel Snouts 08-16-2017 - 20:43
  Re: Passenger Stations in Grand Junction, Colorado/More on Station Peter D. 08-17-2017 - 10:19
  Grand Junction, Colorado - photo Richard Elgenson 08-16-2017 - 22:50

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com