Re: Good book? "GE 70 Ton Diesel Loco's, R. Sims"
Author: Jeff Moore
Date: 09-20-2017 - 20:41

Recommendation "Question", whoever you are, if you have even a remote interest at all in 70-tonners, buy this book. All pictures are black and white though reproduction is generally good. Following an introduction covering where the 70-tonner fit in the diesel world and the hows and whys and general agreements between builders and the like that led to the locomotives design and production, the book is organized into chapters based around the various types of uses, i.e. Class 1 carriers, logging/forestry, mining, shortlines, industrial, etc. Other variations on the units are featured, including export units. End of the book contains a complete production list, including first and subsequent owners for each locomotive. There are a few factual errors I've picked up, but overall I'd give the book a solid recommendation.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Good book? "GE 70 Ton Diesel Loco's, R. Sims" Question 09-20-2017 - 10:33
  Re: Good book? "GE 70 Ton Diesel Loco's, R. Sims" Jeff Moore 09-20-2017 - 20:41
  Thank you Question 09-20-2017 - 22:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com