Re: Nine years? Yeah and it's all part of the vast conspiracy, too.....
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-03-2017 - 17:45

I was at the "ground breaking" years "early" for the actual "construction" of the LRT line, at the DT "replacement" ATSF Bridge out of Downtown LA, and the upgrade of the high bridge DT and retrofit, and of the Azusa extension, when they really broke ground on the replacement of the 210 bridge.

And, so it was on Saturday morning, well spent, with my old pal Lisa Levy, who ran another great "groundbreaking" ceremony out at Citrus college, which I attended.

Back in 1987, when Pasadena put forth the freeway route alignment (rather that a "cute" streetcar ending on local streets)one of the reasons would be so it could be extended east to relieve commute traffic coming into Pasadena. To that, Paul Taylor, Deputy at the then LACTC told me that Pasadena didn't warrant a line, and that it would never be extended east of Sierra Madre Villa. So, of course, I go and gloat.......

I was doing highway planning back then, and added the carpool lane, to extend the capacity of the 210. But, I knew from the modeling we did back then, just how much the 210 would suck by now....and I was right!

This schedule is all about funding flow, and the fact that MTA has now promised everything to everyone on the same day, and will be severely stretched to deliver those by the Olympics in 2028.

The GL project will be doing doing the utilities, preps, moving Pasadena sub over and relocating the ML Stations, building the "line" will also take several new bridges, those will be phased like the rebuilding of the high bridge, and the "iconic" (stupid idiotic name...) structure. Many of these "prep" projects were done in phases for the original Pasadena, and Azusa extension segments.

But, with all of that apologist's BS, it is really about budget and cast flow at MTA, with so many projects going on now all of the time.

The much better LA Times article is the one on the projects that will be done by the Olympics.

Part of this schedule is about fear of the giant sucking sound, of the potential and yet "undiscovered" costs for "unknowns" in tunneling for the Purple Line to UCLA. Not unlike those costs issues that have accompanied the cross town connector, a much needed, but now behind and over, because of a lot of the "unexpected" in building through some of the oldest parts of the city. Add up all of those miles now and anticipated to be under construction, and you 8end up with this and a whole lot of other "feet" of LRT and Subway by 2028.

The other project that is finally advancing like it should is the UP/West Santa Ana branch Gateway Cities project, which would carry 90,000 trips per day (as opposed to maybe 10-12 thousand new riders likely on the Montclair extension), the second highest performing new route or extension, after the purple line, equal to or greater than the ridership on the Blue Line. That project will also be one requiring a lot of phased bridge, grade separation, and ROW components, that will not be cheap, with completion now advanced to 2027, for the Olympics.

But, of course, as we all know, from the well read writings of "Chairman Maose", it is all part of the vast evil all knowing international Indian Broad Gauge conspiracy........ And, evil Thomas must be stopped!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Nine years? synonymouse 12-03-2017 - 11:47
  Re: Nine years? espee2472 12-03-2017 - 12:36
  Re: Nine years? WebDigger 12-03-2017 - 12:55
  Re: Nine years? WILL 12-03-2017 - 15:43
  Re: Nine years? The Odd Duck 12-03-2017 - 14:12
  Re: Nine years? tundraboomer 12-03-2017 - 14:39
  Re: Nine years? Ed Workman 12-03-2017 - 16:04
  Re: Nine years? BOB R 12-03-2017 - 16:38
  Re: Nine years? Yeah and it's all part of the vast conspiracy, too..... BOB2 12-03-2017 - 17:45
  Re: Nine years? Yeah and it's all part of the vast conspiracy, too..... synonymouse 12-03-2017 - 19:37
  Re: Nine years? Yeah and it's all part of the vast conspiracy, too..... Joe Magruder 12-04-2017 - 03:45
  Re: Nine years? Six stations in 12+ miles? Yes, pleas 12-03-2017 - 20:53
  Re: Too many stations? Well........ BOB2 12-04-2017 - 05:59
  Re: Too many stations? Well........ synonymouse 12-04-2017 - 09:43
  Re: Too many stations? Well........ CPRR 12-04-2017 - 09:57
  Re: Ah the San Fernando Valley.........Well.......... Let's stir the pot...... BOB2 12-04-2017 - 10:49
  Re: Ah the San Fernando Valley......Thanks CPRR 12-04-2017 - 14:01
  Re: Ah the San Fernando Valley.........Well.......... Let's stir the pot...... George Andrews 12-04-2017 - 19:31
  Re: Ah the San Fernando Valley.........Well.......... Let's stir the pot...... George Andrews 12-04-2017 - 19:33
  Re: Ah the San Fernando Valley.........Well.......... Let's stir the pot...... BOB2 12-04-2017 - 19:48
  Re: Ah the San Fernando Valley.........Well.......... Let's stir the pot...... Ed Workman 12-05-2017 - 08:52
  Re: Ah the San Fernando Valley.........Well.......... Let's stir the pot...... George Andrews 12-05-2017 - 19:57
  Re: Too many stations? Well........ david vartanoff 12-04-2017 - 11:44
  Re: Too many stations? Well........ david vartanoff 12-04-2017 - 11:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com