Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line
Author: jed747
Date: 02-10-2018 - 18:23

Hello, having lived in Livermore my whole life, I remember in the days of my youth quite a few trains passing through Livermore on a daily basis on both the SP and WP. I have always wondered how many trains a day passed through Livermore on the SP both East and West bound during the height of World War II say the summer of 1944 as a reference point.

Did Camp Parks on the San Ramon Branch generate many troops train? Did most head south to the Radium interchange or North to Ozul?

Growing-up I had friends that lived on the then private Trevarno Rd, which was lined with houses for the one time Coast Manufacturing plant in later years the Hexcel plant. In front of the plant were a series of sidings one of which connected both the WP and SP. Did the two historically exchange cars there? I remember seeing a picture in a large picture book in the Livermore library of a WP local and the train board at the station listing Trevarno as a stop.

Does anyone know exactly where the WP station was located in Livermore? In researching this question I have found a number of answers all putting it in the same general area but nothing specific. I should have asked my grandparents before they passed. They lived in Livermore until about 1920 when they left for Oakland but visited remaining family in Livermore on a regular basis.

I have tried for a number of years to find answers to these questions but have never come up with any.

Thank you very much and have a nice evening

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line jed747 02-10-2018 - 18:23
  Re: Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line Alf Doten 02-10-2018 - 19:30
  Re: Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line WebDigger 02-10-2018 - 20:53
  Re: Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line georgemanley 02-10-2018 - 22:46
  Re: Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line Alf Doten 02-11-2018 - 09:10
  Re: Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line Graham Buxton 02-10-2018 - 19:33
  Re: Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line Jeff 02-10-2018 - 22:22
  Re: Couple of Questions Regarding SP Livermore Line SouPac Lives 02-15-2018 - 13:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com