Changes coming on the UP in the NW
Author: SP5103
Date: 04-06-2018 - 14:29

A couple items:

UP has made a deal to buy the land surrounding their ColdConnect (former Railex) facility in Wallula, WA. The reason is so UP can add an intermodal facility to it. I just heard that evidently the Super Fruit / Salad Shooter trains no longer have a Florida section as that hase evidently closed. Not sure if Railex's planned Chicago section ever happened, but supposedly the train does/will go through Global 3 so that is likely the destination for the intermodal traffic added to the train. The Wallula and Delano trains are being combined at Green River again, and evidently they are running as symbols to there and then re-symboled to continue east. Saw the Wallula eastbound loads the other day - only about 13 cars. They is supposed to be a pickup at Pocatello - I wonder how big that is?

At Lime siding, the former cement plant between Baker City and Ontario (Oregon) next to I-84, the County was making a deal to demolish the remains of the plant. A long time photo backdrop will be gone.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Changes coming on the UP in the NW SP5103 04-06-2018 - 14:29
  Re: Changes coming on the UP in the NW Chuck in Wallowa County 04-06-2018 - 15:50
  Re: Changes coming on the UP in the NW Nussel Snouts 04-06-2018 - 22:24
  Re: Changes coming on the UP in the NW Arlen Sheldrake 04-07-2018 - 10:07
  Re: Changes coming on the UP in the NW Jim R 04-08-2018 - 20:02
  Re: Changes coming on the UP in the NW Arlen Sheldrake 04-09-2018 - 15:22

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com