Competitor for TO ... Railcams and discussion (membership fee)
Author: Graham Buxton
Date: 04-08-2018 - 08:49

Perhaps I have been living in a cave, but I just heard of virtualrailfan.com (as mentioned in a TO post). I wasn't aware that anyone beside Trainorders was offering a 'paid' railfan site.I have to wonder why TO allows threads mentioning VR (or perhaps the thread mentioning VR simply hasn't been 'moderated' yet).

The VR cameras are at 16 locations (including 2 overseas), and they are actively seeking more. In contrast, TO has 2 cameras. In addition to the cameras, VR offers "live chat", which more or less is equivalent to the TO forums.

At VR, one can choose from different levels of access, with corresponding different fees. More on that here:
[virtualrailfan.com]

I'm not currently a paying member of either TO or VR, but I am intrigued with VR. Any VR members here that might care to report their experience with VR?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Competitor for TO ... Railcams and discussion (membership fee) Graham Buxton 04-08-2018 - 08:49
  Re: Competitor for TO ... Railcams and discussion (membership fee) Anon 04-08-2018 - 09:45
  Re: Competitor for TO ... Railcams and discussion (membership fee) Graham Buxton 04-08-2018 - 09:59
  Re: Competitor for TO ... Railcams and discussion (membership fee) Reader 04-08-2018 - 10:53
  Re: Competitor for TO ... Railcams and discussion (membership fee) tundraboomer 04-08-2018 - 11:48
  Re: Competitor for TO ... Railcams and discussion (membership fee) Chuck in Wallowa County 04-08-2018 - 16:30
  Re: Competitor for TO ... Railcams and discussion (membership fee) Jim R 04-08-2018 - 19:53
  VR railcam chat rooms are not competition for Trainorders or any discussion forums Margaret (SP fan) 04-08-2018 - 16:30
  Re: VR railcam chat rooms are not competition for Trainorders or any discussion forums VR subscriber 04-08-2018 - 21:27
  Re: VR railcam chat rooms are not competition for Trainorders or any discussion forums Jack Schmieder 04-09-2018 - 11:24
  Re: VR railcam chat rooms are not competition for Trainorders or any discussion forums Margaret (SP fan) 04-09-2018 - 13:19

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com