T.J. Miller busted for ‘drunk’ bomb threat on Amtrak train
Author: Gotta love those idiots
Date: 04-10-2018 - 12:43

[pagesix.com]

Ex-“Silicon Valley” star TJ Miller caused hours of Amtrak delays when he drunkenly called in a fake bomb threat after a female passenger snubbed his advances, federal authorities said as they announced his arrest Tuesday.

Miller was nabbed Monday night at LaGuardia Airport in connection to the March 18 incident after arriving on a flight from Canada, law enforcement sources said.

The 36-year-old comedian and actor was charged with intentionally conveying to law enforcement false information about an explosive device on a train traveling to Connecticut and faces a maximum five years in jail.

After briefly appearing before a judge at a New Haven federal courthouse Tuesday morning, Miller — a Denver native living in New York – was released after posting a $100,000 bond.

The real-life drama played out when Miller allegedly called a 911 dispatcher in New Jersey and said he was on an Amtrak train traveling from Washington DC toward Penn Station and that a female passenger “has a bomb in her bag,” according to the complaint.

Train No. 2256, which Miller said he was on, was then stopped in Connecticut at the Green’s Farms Station in Westport where passengers were ordered to disembark so bomb squad members could search the train. No evidence of any explosive device was detected, the complaint states.

It turns out Miller was actually on Train No. 2258 in the first class car, where he had a “screaming match” with the woman a row away, the feds say.

When Train No. 2258 pulled into Green’s Farms Station and was stopped and searched, Amtrak officers were told by a train attendant that Miller had been ordered off the train in New York due to his intoxication, according to the complaint.

The attendant said that Miller “appeared intoxicated” upon boarding the train in Washington and that while on the train guzzled down two glasses of wine and two “double scotch and soda” drinks.

Miller, the attendant said, had “exchanged profanity with a female” sitting in a different row from him in the first class car, the complaint says.

When an Amtrak police officer contacted Miller by phone as law enforcement first responded to Train No. 2256 – the wrong train Miller was on — he said he had gotten off the train in New York and said a woman with red hair and a red scarf kept checking her bag without taking anything out.

The officer noticed slurring in Miller’s voice and asked him if he had consumed alcohol that day to which he replied that he consumed “one glass of red wine.”

When asked if he suffered from mental illness, Miller replied: “No, absolutely not. This is the first time I’ve ever made a call like this before. I am worried for everyone on that train. Someone has to check that lady out,” according to the complaint.

Investigators later determined that Miller and the unidentified woman were involved in a beef on the train.

The woman told officers that Miller was warned more than once by the train attendant for speaking on the phone too loudly and while he was on his phone, the woman looked at him and he said, “Hey, why are you looking at me?” the complaint says.

Before Miller called 911, he and the woman had a “screaming match” on the train, an attendant said.

The woman – who officers said smelled of alcohol – denied having a loud argument with Miller, “but reported that at some point he directed a comment to her about her hair; the comment was unwelcome, and she turned to look at Miller in a non-friendly manner,” the complaint says.

Miller then barked at her, saying “What are you lookin’ at?” the complaint states.

The woman described Miller’s behavior during the train trip as “loud and belligerent.”

According to the complaint, Miller and the woman engaged in a “hostile encounter.” It was was “apparently initiated by Miller, which by [the woman’s] recollection amounted to her rebuffing his social overture and his responding negatively; and that Miller already had been manifesting a belligerent behavior pattern throughout the trip.”

Miller, according to officials, was “motivated by a grudge against the subject female, called 911 to relay false information about a suspected bomb on the train, and continued to convey false information to investigators while the public safety response was ongoing.”

As a result of the law enforcement response to Miller’s false explosive report, a total of four Amtrak trains were collectively delayed nearly four hours.

Miller declined to comment to The Post.

It was announced last year that Miller, who played Erlich Bachman on the hit HBO sitcom, would not return for the show’s fifth season – which is currently airing — as part of a “mutual” agreement.

However, one set insider told The Hollywood Reporter in a report published last month that Miller was “explosive” and “almost a danger” to have around.

Several months after his departure from the show was announced, the comedian was accused of sexually assaulting and punching a woman who attended George Washington University with him during the early 2000s.

“He just tried a lot of things without asking me, and at no point asked me if I was all right,” the accuser told the Daily Beast. “He choke[d] me, and I kept staring at his face hoping he would see that I was afraid and [that he] would stop… I couldn’t say anything.”

Miller and his wife, Kate Gorney, had released a joint statement denying any wrongdoing.

“[The alleged victim] began again to circulate rumors online once [my and Kate’s] relationship became public. Sadly she is now using the current climate to bandwagon and launch these false accusations again,” the couple wrote. “It is unfortunate that she is choosing this route as it undermines the important movement to make women feel safe coming forward about legitimate claims against real known predators.”

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  T.J. Miller busted for ‘drunk’ bomb threat on Amtrak train Gotta love those idiots 04-10-2018 - 12:43
  Re: T.J. Miller busted for ‘drunk’ bomb threat on Amtrak train JOHN 04-10-2018 - 18:06
  Re: T.J. Miller busted for ‘drunk’ bomb threat on Amtrak train 456 04-10-2018 - 19:28
  Re: T.J. Miller busted for ‘drunk’ bomb threat on Amtrak train HUTCH 7.62 04-10-2018 - 19:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com