Re: Reserve Milwaukee Road Book Today - Location Clarifications
Author: Dale Jones
Date: 05-16-2018 - 07:20

Just a brief clarification on the locations featured in my Milwaukee Connections - Spokane to Butte book.

Technically the book goes beyond Butte up Pipestone Pass including photos at Newcomb [the cover photo is a Doug Harrop shot at Newcomb.]
Represented up the Pass are the Blacktail Viaduct, Janney and the Vendome Curve.

Here is just a quick rundown of some of the locations from Spokane east.
Spokane, Mica, Plummer Jct, Benewah Trestle, St. Maries - down the Elk River Branch, Fernwood, Emerald Creek, Clarkia, Keeller & Bovill - on the mainline through Calder, an entire chapter on Avery, up the North Fork and St. Paul Pass with various locations like Stetson, Roland, East Portal, St. Regis, Cyr, Alberton, Huson.
Quickly, just a few spots east of Missoula, the "Racetrack" with Little Joes racing Amtrak between Ravenna and Bearmouth, Gold Creek, Garrison.

Deer Lodge has a whole chapter including a couple Doug Harrop photos of a last look at F-Units taken in late February 1980. Nearly all of the images have never been published in print.

Perhaps a future book would focus on Pipestone Pass east to Harlo with Central Montana, Great Falls photos. I still have some other commitments before that project.

Hope this helps clear up any ambiguities concerning the focus of the book.

Talk to ya later,
Dale
BTW: All the books purchased from me are autographed - something you won't get anywhere else...unless at a book signing.
I've already lined up some in Spokane and Missoula - maybe Butte. I'll let everyone know the dates when the time gets closer.
Reserve at [www.railroads-of-montana.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Reserve Milwaukee Road Book Today - Free Shipping Dale Jones 05-14-2018 - 16:08
  Re: Reserve Milwaukee Road Book Today - Free Shipping Negin 05-14-2018 - 18:02
  Re: Reserve Milwaukee Road Book Today - Free Shipping BOB R 05-14-2018 - 18:36
  Re: Reserve Milwaukee Road Book Today - Free Shipping Dale Jones 05-15-2018 - 06:24
  Re: Reserve Milwaukee Road Book Today - Free Shipping Pever 05-15-2018 - 18:40
  Re: Reserve Milwaukee Road Book Today - Free Shipping HUTCH 7.62 05-15-2018 - 19:50
  Re: Reserve Milwaukee Road Book Today - Location Clarifications Dale Jones 05-16-2018 - 07:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com