Re: Railbeast hopper car edition
Author: Jasper
Date: 05-23-2018 - 10:27

Not that terribly interesting as artwork. Sort trompe l'oeil. Unimpressive bland trite idea "Live Free".

One of the thing that annoys me about graffiti artists is that they are all about self-promotion via vandalizing other people's property. By all means, make your crappy uninspired art and try to promote it or whatever. But do it on canvases you paid for. Stop using our historic tunnels, freeway signs, bridges for your self-promotion.

One irony. This guy paints a hobo putting up some graffiti on the side of a railroad car. This graffiti artist's peers have played a huge role in blotting out a great deal of historic graffiti from olden days--actual hobos and railroad yard workers.

I'm sorry painting an image of something you and your buddies have worked very hard to destroy all in the service of promoting your own name, and often nothing else, doesn't seem "inspiring" to me out all. It just seems sad that we have these people in our country who don't care for our history unless they can promote themselves digitally by exploiting and destroying it.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railbeast hopper car edition john 05-22-2018 - 21:19
  Re: Railbeast hopper car edition Jasper 05-23-2018 - 10:27
  Re: Railbeast hopper car edition Roscoe 05-23-2018 - 10:37
  Re: Railbeast hopper car edition HUTCH 7.62 05-23-2018 - 13:10
  Any catenary up yet.. cal trans? f 08-05-2019 - 17:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com