Roots on the rails
Author: GRRR
Date: 05-27-2018 - 10:11

This is from a facebook post by roots rocker Dave Alvin:

It is with deep sadness that I must report this October's Roots On The Rails Musical And Mystical Train Tour may be my last train tour. I can't fully express how much I love and treasure these unique musical rail adventures and the good people I've shared them with. I also can't fully express how much I'm angered by the new batch of short sighted, ignorant political appointees now in charge of Amtrak who've decided to put an end to ALL "specialty" private train car journeys (not just our bohemian ragamuffin bunch making a joyous racket in vintage rail cars). That being said, if this October's run is truly my last music train tour, we'll be going out stomping, hollering and rocking. Besides my dear train veterans, Christy McWilson and Rick Shea, joining me along the route will be a magnificent bunch of music makers including Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Ruthie Foster, Carolyn Wonderland, John Doe, Blind Boy Paxton, Bill Kirchen, Howe Gelb, exene cervenka and Dead Rock West. I know many of you have expressed the desire to join us on the rails over the years but haven't got the bucks to do so (you can thank Amtrak for continually jacking up the rates we have to pay to use the rail lines) or the time to do so BUT if you've ever considered being with us on these train journeys, well, this is unfortunately looking like your last chance. If you're interested, please go to rootsontherails.com for more information on prices, routing, etc. I sincerely hope you can join us for this bittersweet yet celebratory farewell to the rails tour. Plus you get to see what some of your favorite musical artists look like at 9 in the morning as America the beautiful passes by outside.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Roots on the rails GRRR 05-27-2018 - 10:11
  Re: Roots on the rails GRRR 05-27-2018 - 20:28
  Re: Roots on the rails conductor bill 05-28-2018 - 11:10
  Re: Roots on the rails Jim Speaker 05-28-2018 - 10:58
  Re: Roots on the rails Roscoe 05-28-2018 - 12:29
  WTF Mr. Speaker? ?????? 05-28-2018 - 14:27
  Re: WTF Mr. Speaker? 123 05-29-2018 - 17:44
  Re: Roots on the rails Little Junior 05-28-2018 - 14:54
  Re: Roots on the rails Roots Blower 05-28-2018 - 19:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com