Re: Information about WWII Photographer Jack Delano
Author: Ed Workman
Date: 05-29-2018 - 10:36

Thanks
I spent several hours over the weekend sifting thru the FSA-OWI thumbnails
Hint
on the left side of the page, press the Jack Delano button- you might miss a Vachon or two, but as there are 14000+ Delano images alone.....
And sort by date newest first to get to the RR pix as quickly [AFAIK] as possible
BEWARE
that MOST of the LOC online images, although one can select various sizes to download, are quite low-res, and some have yet to be digitized.
The one I pine for is a hi-res version of his shot from Gleed looking down onto an FT-led WB traversing the horseshoes below- I have a 'copy' in the frontmatter of Farrington's "RR at War". I didn't find it, nor did I see anything but a mush-res of a great B&W shot of the San Bernardino crew board- one would think the geneology folks would have ralled to get a view in which the names are readable
Some of the color shots are posted in a Flickr album titled 30's and 40's color, so not only is it a slog to find RR pix, but they too are very low-res.
I suggest going to SHORPY where many have been prepared and may be downloaded as large jpegs. Pix therehave been sorted by subject- see the right side of the screen and carry on from there

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Information about WWII Photographer Jack Delano J 05-29-2018 - 09:44
  Re: Information about WWII Photographer Jack Delano Ed Workman 05-29-2018 - 10:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com