Re: Freight Returning to Big Trees & Pacific?
Author: Coastline Bill
Date: 06-08-2018 - 07:59

“What was the reason for Big Trees and Pacific to stop serving the lumber facility in Felton a few years ago? What was the annual carload count at the height of that operation? Most importantly, any chance that business returns to that railroad in the near future?”

Good question. My suggestion is you contact the San Lorenzo Lumber, 5843 Graham Hill Rd, Felton, CA 95018, (831) 335-4423, and report back to us all

“With a booming economy it would be great to see Roaring Camp get in on the freight action as it did a number of years ago! Those sharp Cleburne diesels would look wonderful with lumber cars again”

Well yes it would. The first problem is to get the line up and running between SC and Watsonville to get those lumber cars to Felton. It would be nice if the sand mine was allowed to operate also, but with the Santa Cruz Crazies running everything, that won’t happen either. I see the cement plant hasn’t turned into that “conference center” either.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Freight Returning to Big Trees & Pacific? Cleburne kid 06-07-2018 - 16:08
  Re: Freight Returning to Big Trees & Pacific? Coastline Bill 06-08-2018 - 07:59
  Re: Freight Returning to Big Trees & Pacific? RWS 06-09-2018 - 01:29
  Re: Freight Returning to Big Trees & Pacific? Bob Dobbs 06-10-2018 - 10:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com