Re: A glimpse of reality
Author: Tired of Left Wing Nonsense
Date: 08-27-2018 - 08:06

Who the he!! cares whether trump knows anything about anything. He does not need to - any more than Henry Ford needed to. All he need do is listen to the experts (those who have studied the problem deeply and have actual experience), of which there are many -

But none of them are shallow thinking enviro-nazies; nor empty-headed trump hating sheeples. Despite his obvious faults, and the despite the fact that I disagree with him in numerous ways; I will say this - he does seem to seek out advice and actually listen - much more so than any of his last three predecessors ever did.

How can I say that? Simply that I saw it with my own eyes - numerous times - via C-Span. In DECIDING FOR OUR SELVES whether the President's assertion has merit - why don't we do some critical thinking - actually think it through. We have two basic choices here:

We can leave the forests untouched and forbidden - so that nature alone takes care of the inevitable overgrowth - which means that these fires will rage on for weeks burning up absolutely everything in their path - bringing total destruction to the forest; total un recoverable destruction of animal habitat; fouling of the air for thousands of miles, causing medical problems for thousands of people thousands of miles away (me included).

OR: We could thin them out somewhat, taking care of the inevitable overgrowth for nature (still a recognizable forest); which means that these fires would be manageable, leaving the trees mostly intact after a fire, from which the forest recovers much more quickly; habitat the recovers almost immediately; significantly reducing smoke in downwind States and reducing medical issues and costs.

Now - after having seen the effects of both methods over decades, including the total destruction of much of Western Yellowstone (I saw it both before and after), - I side with those experts the President is listening to.

(full disclosure: My Son is one of them - a California forest fire fighter)

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  A glimpse of reality synonymouse 08-06-2018 - 11:15
  Re: A glimpse of reality Disgusted Taxpayer 08-07-2018 - 11:15
  Re: A glimpse of reality Commenter 08-07-2018 - 11:33
  Re: A glimpse of reality Firefighter 08-07-2018 - 15:30
  Re: A glimpse of reality Commenter 08-09-2018 - 11:13
  Re: A glimpse of reality Tired of Left Wing Nonsense 08-27-2018 - 08:06
  Re: A glimpse of reality comprehension 08-08-2018 - 21:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com