Re: No I don't remember-I've heard this too...but....
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-23-2018 - 18:01

In the Omnibus budget bill Congress also appropriated significant additional rail fundifor safety, state of good repair projects, the NEC, and even a bit more for Amtrak long distance, than the Administration request.

Many of these funds appear to be "going nowhere" right now. But one of the partial reasons for that maybe due to the failure to recruit experienced and qualified policy staff to fill many of the appointed positions at DOT (as well as many other Departments). Another reason has been a lack of programming staff at FRA, which has been a serious problem with the HSIPR funds, as well, even under 's folks.

I was around when Nixon illegally "impounded" Congressionally appropriated funds. But, as yet, I have not seen any evidence to confirm something like that, as yet though. Of course, some kind of nonsense like that would come as absolutely no surprise to me, either.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Remember All Those Transit Projects Waiting for Funds? wondering wanderer 08-23-2018 - 15:33
  No I don't remember Urban Meyer 08-23-2018 - 17:14
  Re: No I don't remember Commenter 08-23-2018 - 17:46
  For those with short memories Commenter 08-23-2018 - 17:49
  Re: No I don't remember-I've heard this too...but.... BOB2 08-23-2018 - 18:01
  Re: EGBOK......? Safety funding released by FRA announced yesterday..... BOB2 08-24-2018 - 06:16
  Re: No I don't remember Ed Workman 08-24-2018 - 08:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com