Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-25-2018 - 12:51

Since much of that growth in population has been up on the "mountain', I would think that Tehachapi, would be the end of the best potential end point for the population base of likely commutes and/or other potential "rail market" trips to the jobs and/or services (medical, education, business, cultural, personal) to the AV itself, ditto Santa Clarita, ditto the other stations.

This Kern County extension would offer those folks direct access to air service out of Burbank Airport, and full connections at Union Station for other rail destinations, and when the LAUPT run-through is completed single train service all the way to San Diego. That is, if we really wanted to have a truly "first world" regional and interregional rail passenger system....?

Of course, we'd cut over a half an hour off of that travel time, using the new Lang to 118 HSR/Toll Road tunnel under Saugus Mountain, for direct service to Burbank Airport and LAUPT, making for much travel times, competitive even in non-peak periods.

Not easy you say? Another track from Lancaster up the east end of Tehachapi at a minimum on the Kern County end, but easily doable.

And, just "imagine" if you could offer that kind of "first world" utility of rail passenger service (not just "peak" commuter service) all day, frequent, and reliable regional and interregional rail passenger service....?

And, I'd say, that given our ever increasing isolation and impaired access, increasingly caused from gridlock itself, that we'd have excellent ridership from many of these "outlying" "edge" centers, into and out of the major urban centers.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County JOHN 08-25-2018 - 01:02
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County synonymouse 08-25-2018 - 10:52
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County mvs 08-25-2018 - 10:54
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County BOB2 08-25-2018 - 12:51
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County Sgt. Joe Friday 08-25-2018 - 14:43
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County There are a lot of good candidates that would work BOB2 08-25-2018 - 15:20
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County There are a lot of good candidates that would work mvs 08-25-2018 - 15:36
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County-Joe and I are better than the CHSRA, no doubt about it...... BOB2 08-26-2018 - 11:26
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County-Joe and I are better than the CHSRA, no doubt about it...... Clem 08-26-2018 - 13:40
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County-Joe and I are better than the CHSRA, no doubt about it...... mvs 08-26-2018 - 14:49
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County- So we did the analysis i7 years after we started building it? BOB2 08-26-2018 - 15:06
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County- So we did the analysis i7 years after we started building it? Clem 08-26-2018 - 16:05
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County-Stupid BOB2 We had to do it this way to pull the con job the voters..... BOB2 08-26-2018 - 18:50
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County-And no, I do "know" abd mispelled, hell, I can't even read this thing back to myself on this small screen to correct it.... BOB2 08-26-2018 - 19:17
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County-don't sweat the spelling Clem 08-26-2018 - 20:34
  Re Koppian dystopia? CHSRA was and still is a completely harebrained scheme from day one BOB2 08-26-2018 - 21:37
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County-Joe and I are better than the CHSRA, no doubt about it...... Sgt. Joe Friday 08-26-2018 - 13:57
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County-Joe and I are better than the CHSRA, no doubt about it...... synonymouse 08-26-2018 - 21:49
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County high in the high desert 08-26-2018 - 21:39
  Re: LA SCAX expansion of AVL into Kern County erv 08-27-2018 - 19:07

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com