Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go
Author: synonymouse
Date: 09-04-2018 - 17:05

Really cool site - I just looked over the #11 24th ST. line. Wonder why they never extended it any higher up the hill? The Mission St. lines could have been saved so easily at the time of the 1947 bond issue had the unions insisted.

I wonder if I am the only one to have thought a "rapid transit" ROW could have been incorporated into the 101 freeway at its inception and connected to the #40 where the freeway goes under Mission and all the way to the (then)East Bay Terminal. Alternatively a ramp could have been built down to So. Van Ness or 11th St. and then west to Mission and on down to the Old Mint.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go wandering wonderer 09-04-2018 - 16:38
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go synonymouse 09-04-2018 - 17:05
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go wandering wonderer 09-04-2018 - 17:47
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go HUTCH 7.62 09-04-2018 - 19:29
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go synonymouse 09-04-2018 - 20:58
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go Negin 09-04-2018 - 22:16
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go wandering wonderer 09-04-2018 - 22:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com