* most * expensive
Author: Elsie and Soybean
Date: 10-17-2018 - 13:45

In this instance I also agree with synonyspammer. The Palmdale/High Desert area will for many years remain a relative minor submarket compared to LA, OC, Inland Empire, and SD. Bypassing Palmdale speeds up trips to all those others in SoCal. Even if you discount SoCal-Norcal, there's still plenty of travel from SoCal to Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, and on to Sacramento, which for now doesn't have any direct rail service in the missing link. And while HSR may not capture a huge portion of SoCal-NorCal traffic, it will surely grab a portion (along with induce more travel), and thus time saved to 90% of SoCal's population may results in higher ridership than direct service to a relatively small (albeit primed for future growth) submarket.

I'll jump to anticipate your usual pulling rank and answer, no, I don't have access to modeling tool and data to prove that hunch, I'm not getting paid for that. It's just a discussion board, but common sense and observation of transportation around the world often suggests patterns. And that suggests the Palmdale detour is rooted more in politics than blind and neutral pursuit of the highest ridership. France, Germany, Spain, Japan, soon the UK, etc. would tend to run more direct and connect to side market services rather than pandering meandering, unless politically driven.

Caveat: I could be wrong. (But I also could be right.)

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  CAHSR route change between Bakersfield and Shafter OPRRMS 10-16-2018 - 22:17
  Re: CAHSR route change between Bakersfield and Shafter Clem 10-16-2018 - 23:14
  Re: CAHSR route change between Bakersfield and Shafter synonymouse 10-16-2018 - 23:19
  Re: CAHSR route change between Bakersfield and Shafter Cprr 10-17-2018 - 09:14
  Re: CAHSR route change another sign of no real planning....and no real purpose except to build the mostt exxpensive and useless system possible.. BOB2 10-17-2018 - 09:32
  Re: CAHSR route change another sign of no real planning....and no real purpose except to build the mostt exxpensive and useless system possible.. synonymouse 10-17-2018 - 10:10
  * most * expensive Elsie and Soybean 10-17-2018 - 13:45
  Re: CAHSR route change between Bakersfield and Shafter Cprr 10-17-2018 - 11:14
  What is the difference? Commenter 10-17-2018 - 17:27
  Re: What is the difference? synonymouse 10-17-2018 - 18:10
  Re: What is the difference? The Truth About Tejon Clem 10-17-2018 - 18:49
  Re: What is the difference? The Truth About Tejon Commenter 10-17-2018 - 20:03
  Re: What is the difference? The Truth About Tejon synonymouse 10-17-2018 - 21:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com