Re: Southwestern Railroad?
Author: ShortlinesUSA
Date: 10-30-2018 - 05:42

I find it best to ask and hopefully find someone in the know on a public forum before taking this route. I used to do it all the time, but now it is a last resort for me. FRA and DHS have advised railroads against providing operational info to the public, and many of these shortline holding companies have policies forbidding employees from divulging information about the company's operations (G&W in particular).

Joe, I can't say with absolute certainty, but last I know (and this is a few years dated) ALL Southwestern crews went on duty at Hurley, NM. Yes, even the guys running the Rincon line. And they started their day by driving to where the train was (typically Deming or Las Uvas).

Traffic to the mine has been on again, off again over the years depending on copper prices. That seems to be one of the first facilities which is idled when copper prices drop. The mine run starts at Hurley, so no driving to the train for those guys as a rule, unless it was left in Deming the day prior.

That's as much as I can tell you as a public observer, so hopefully it helps a bit.

Mike Derrick

Hatch Green Chili Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why not just contact their Assistant General
> Manager? Southwestern Railroad contact page

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Southwestern Railroad? Joe Cullum 10-29-2018 - 02:12
  Re: Southwestern Railroad? Hatch Green Chili 10-29-2018 - 19:52
  Re: Southwestern Railroad? ShortlinesUSA 10-30-2018 - 05:42
  Re: Southwestern Railroad? Orrin Hatch's Green Chili 10-30-2018 - 07:53
  Re: Southwestern Railroad? John Bruce 10-30-2018 - 08:47

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com