Re: Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot. I don't think they can show this today....
Author: J Mann
Date: 11-14-2018 - 16:14

I learned how to do it in the brakeman training that the PLA did for crew on the Niles Canyon Railway. A key rule we had was the train had to be moving at 6 mph or less. Above that and you would get yanked as you grabbed the grab iron. When you do it right it seems like a very smooth and natural motion. Ironically the weekend warriors were safer at doing it than the professionals. I would guess it was because we didn't do it everyday so we did it by the book. On the attached video you see me get aboard the caboose at the 6:10 mark.
[www.youtube.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot WebDigger 11-14-2018 - 11:58
  Re: Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot. I don't think they can show this today.... BOB2 11-14-2018 - 12:51
  Re: Another UP Training video - Getting off on the Right Foot. I don't think they can show this today.... Tired Dogs 11-14-2018 - 13:42
  Re: Another UP Training video - Getting off on the Right Foot. I don't think they can show this today.... Ghost of Glen Roper 11-14-2018 - 14:51
  Re: Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot. I don't think they can show this today.... J Mann 11-14-2018 - 16:14
  Re: Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot. I don't think they can show this today.... RJMathisson 11-14-2018 - 16:56
  Re: Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot. I don't think they can show this today.... tundraboomer 11-14-2018 - 17:07
  Re: Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot Neptune48 11-14-2018 - 18:04
  Re: Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot John Bromley 11-15-2018 - 08:32
  Re: Another UP Trainning video - Getting off on the Right Foot George Andrews 11-15-2018 - 18:22

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com